To pro-actively handle a portfolio of third Party personal injury motor claims, including claims retained in the MOJ Claims Portal and Fast Track PI claims
- Managing claims caseload in accordance with the Markerstudy claims philosophy, claims handling procedures and service levels.
- Adhering to agreed personal authority limits, referring to line manager for authorisation where activity exceeds such limits.
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements (including “treating customers fairly” principles).
- Responding promptly and pro-actively to incoming telephone calls and correspondence by use of telephone, e-mail and letter.
- Controlling claim cost by achieving most economical settlement, through good use of liability and quantum arguments and effective negotiation.
- Maintaining good file discipline and accurate reserves, together with an effective diary system which ensures that cases are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Developing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues and business partners.
- Pro-actively managing personal training and development requirements.
- Undertaking general claims tasks, as required.
- Where applicable, to adhere to Company processes with regard to FCA compliance and Treating Customers Fairly
- Where applicable, to ensure that DPA, FCA, TCF and other regulatory requirements are met.
- Previous third party personal injury claim handling experience is required, either for MOJ PI or Fast Track PI claims.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workloads
- Willingness to develop self and new skills
- Ability to work with flexibility in a proactive claims environment
- Good market knowledge
- Good commercial awareness