Design and develop the Group’s Azure-based data analytics platform in line with Microsoft best practices and Company policies. Contribute to the Group’s desire to become a data-led organisation. Enhance the platform’s capabilities to deliver a wide range of business objectives.
The Azure Architect/Developer will be responsible for:
- Working alongside the data science function to prioritise and deliver business requirements.
- Designing innovative architectures using and extending the latest Azure data components and application services.
- Building, deploying and configuring highly performant, secure applications with a focus on integration with Azure APIs.
- Defining and implementing testing procedures, including unit testing, integration and system testing and load/volume testing.
- Managing, monitoring and configuring azure components for event ingestion, queueing and storage.
- Implementing appropriate scaling strategies.
- A structured, organised approach to solution design and development.
- Ability to focus on key tasks while retaining flexibility over priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well within a results driven team.
- Ambition and skills to develop into team leadership.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Systems Architecture and Design
- Azure Platform
- Distributed Data Storage
- Data Querying Languages
- Web API
- Integration with Analytics Platforms
- Agile Methodologies
- Testing Frameworks
- Understanding of networking principles