The IT Supplier Relationship Manager will perform a combination of contract, performance or relationship management roles with external vendors. These vendors will mainly be delivering IT products (hardware, software & Telco) and/or IT services (consulting, application development and so on).
- Manage the activities related to supplier relationships including product and service performance. Where applicable, manage the contract commercial terms and conditions.
- Develop appropriate relationship with critical suppliers to ensure cost effective sources and alternatives for relevant categories
- Ensure that formal contractual documentation is in place to protect Markerstudy Group of Companies.
- Work and build strong relationships with key stakeholders to help translate functional requests into contract specifications.
- Collect constituent reporting requirements and develop supplier scorecards and dashboards for presenting results / KPIs.
- Ensure procedures are in place for effective Suppliers Relationship Management and all processes followed are in line with company policies and are auditable with key documents, information and communications confidentially stored.
- Monitor and report on supplier performance in the areas that include quality, capacities, systems and responsiveness.
- Collect, consolidate and communicate detailed and summary supplier results to multiple constituents on supplier performance and relationships.
- Analyse problem areas and help resolve disputes.
- Assist subject matter experts and IT / Group procurement with supplier evaluation and selection criteria, procedures, and best practice tools and templates.
- Provide financial information for the annual budget; identifying cost reductions.
- Act as a mediator for internal conflicts regarding budgets, projects and other issues related to supplier management.
- Act as single point of contact for supplier communications and escalations.
- Work with key stakeholders within M-powered to support and explore expansion across new business lines.
- Support the service level requirements for services to the business, including availability, response times, performance requirements, hours of operation, service continuity requirements.
- Identity strategic opportunities such as cost savings, overall efficiency and quality of service.
- Understand the external market dynamics and engage with existing and new suppliers for products and services to deliver business growth.
- To develop, document, negotiate, agree and manage Service Level Agreements that help meet the required level of support for the business.
- Proven track record of Account Management or Relationship Management.
- Excellent relationship management, supplier and stakeholder management skills.
- Proven track record of working within a technical diverse department.
- Experience of engaging with all level of the business and suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to diffuse arguments and articulate a way forward when there is disagreement.
- Ability to manage multiple streams of work under pressure.
- Pro-active thinker and a creative self-starter.
- High levels of tenacity and ownership.
- Problem solver and solutions driven.
- Strong prioritisation skills.
- Ability to gather accurate requirements for delivering a service offering.
- Strong influencing skills.
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of working with Insurance Products and Services, ideally managing Software House relationships
- Experience in contract administration and supplier relations in a technology or software house environment.
- Experience in the definition and negotiation of service levels with internal and external customers.
- Degree Educated.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent at report preparation and summarising management information.
- Highly motivated.
- Results driven.
- Desire to succeed.
- Strong relationship building.
- Very approachable.
- Adaptive style of working.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Working independently as well as in a team.
ITIL Supplier Management Qualification would be an advantage